There are a number of unique beach hotels around the island. Price ranges listed are low-season rates (May 15 – Dec 15). Expect to pay 20% – 30% more at some places during high season. Below is a good selection of what is available.
- A cool little family-owned place. Located an easy walk from the bars and restaurants in the village…about 60 meters after you hang a left from the wharf. Rooms are basic with shared bath, but is one of the few places that has a kitchen to guest use. Budget $ http://cornislandhostel.com
– As one of the first locally-owned/operated hotels still on the island, this has been a budget traveler’s favorite for years. A dozen or so casitas, most with their own bath, sit right on the beach. Offers a bar/restaurant that claims to have the best fried chicken on the island. Budget $ http://www.carlitosplacelittlecorn.com
– If Ewoks built their village on the beach, it might look something like this. Boasting a small number of cabanas crafted from bamboo, driftwood, reclaimed bottles and other random items. Derek and his wife are very friendly and keenly attentive to their guests. The kitchen serves delicious meals ranging from a mix of Thai, Caribbean, Chinese and other tasty varieties. Hang out by the bonfire at night while the meals are being prepared. Mid to high-end $$ http://www.dereksplacelittlecorn.com
– Chill little place on the North end of the island offering a few small cabins and a house for daily, weekly and monthly rental. This place is well hidden, and the beach is only a short walk away. Offers cabins and a house. Mid to high-end $$ http://www.dobedos.ca/indexeng.htm
Elsas – Yellow! Right next door to Graces Cool Spot, this is the budget travelers’ first consideration for accommodations on the beach. Offers dorms and cabins ranging from . Nothing fancy. There is a small restaurant on site and the staff is very friendly. Budget to mid-range $$
– Hidden away on the North side of the island lies this eclectic little beach paradise. Very secluded and quiet, this getaway strives to operate with minimum impact and maintain a very organic feel. Instead of plastic soda bottles expect fresh-squeezed juice in a glass. Offering a small selection of cabanas and casitas that almost appear to have grown out of the ground, Ensuenos feels like an ideal place to light the incense, sit in the lotus position and ohm all morning. Budget to mid-range $$ http://www.ensuenos-littlecornisland.com/
Farm Peace & Love
– Many guests would say this little farm retreat fits its name perfectly. And little is no understatement; operated by an Italian/Little Corn couple, the farm offers two options for rooms: one independent suite and once cottage. Dinners are prepared (by reservation only) from food grown on the farm and rumor has it that the best Italian food in all of Nicaragua is prepared here. The farm offers horseback riding, fishing, snorkeling, wireless internet and ample opportunity to do absolutely nothing. Check out the homemade wind turbine on the beach and solar panels on the roof that power the place. High-end $$$ with weekly and monthly rates. http://farmpeacelove.com/
Grace’s Cool Spot – Cabins, restaurant and lots of spots! Right on the beach just after Elsa’s and before Carlito’s place…can’t miss it. One of the more popular “spots” on the island. Budget to mid-range $$ http://gracescoolspot.com
Little Corn Beach & Bungalow – New, clean and eco-conscious, LCBB is quickly becoming a first choice for many visiting the island. There are nine options for rooms, all tastefully designed and well equipped with mosquito nets, hot showers and free wifi (with your own device) Grab a bite to eat at their Turned Turtle restaurant then retire to the hammock on the veranda of your room and watch the waves lap the beach or drop in to Firefly Studio for a yoga session or massage. LCBB also have extensive sustainable tourism street cred, including hosting several spade/neuter clinics to help control the animal population, rainwater harvesting systems on the bungalows to ease strain on the aquifer and bringing in their construction materials by local sailboat instead of by freighter. Mid to high-end $$ Find out more: http://www.littlecornbb.com/
Lobster Inn – You can’t miss the giant pink building right after you come off the wharf. That’s Lobster Inn. The rooms are spectacularly clean, bathrooms inside, balcony area that looks over the water, friendly local staff and a budget price makes this one of the best deals on the island. Budget $
Los Delfines - Centrally located with all the amenities (including free wifi), Delfines is the hotel option for many clients of Dolphin Dive which is located on site. There is also a bar/restaurant and they accept credit cards. Midrange $$
Steadman’s – Small, slightly run down looking place at the end of the “beach cabin row” after LCBB. Cheapest beach lodging on the island. Budget $
Sunshine Hotel – Located just a half block from the wharf, this locally-owned hotel offers private bathrooms and kitchen use for guests. Midrange $$
Anything I missed or changes to be made? Let me know!